The Yottaa portal captures all user activities impacting configuration changes in a centralized audit trail. Organization Administrators can access the audit trail to view who did what when. The audit trail page allows a user to filter and sort audit trail events and export them to CSV format.
How do I access the audit trail?
As an Organization Administrator you can view the audit trail by selecting “Organizations” in the user drop down and selecting “Audit Trail” on the left navigation menu.
You can also access the audit trail by clicking the “View History” button, located at the top right area of various configuration pages in the portal. This action will take you to the audit trail page filtered by the category of actions relevant to the configuration page you came from. For example clicking on “View History” in the Yottaa Firewall page will take you to the audit trail page displaying only the firewall actions.
The audit trail page displays a table listing all actions taken by users who have access to your organization:
The Category column shows the type of event for each action. If the action was performed on a specific site, the Site Name column displays the name of the site. You can filter what categories to display using the category filter. The following event categories can be selected:
- Account – Changes to account settings such as password and phone number
- Issue – Changes to issues such as deleting and closing issues
- Login – Login, logout and failed logins
- Monitor – Creating, deleting and changing monitor definitions
- Notification – Changing notification settings
- Organization – changes to organization settings and sub organizations
- Permission – Changes to resources and roles
- Site Action – Adding and deleting sites, changing site status (bypass, transparent proxy, live)
- Site Firewall Rule – Creating, deleting and changing firewall rules
- Site Profile – Changing site profiles and optimizations
- Site Settings – Changing site settings such as origin server and resource domains
- Site Traffic Issue - Creating, deleting and changing traffic issue definitions
- Test - Creating, deleting and changing test definitions
- User – Adding users to organizations, assigning user to roles, other user changes
The default view sorts all audit trail entries descending by date, so the latest actions are listed at the top. You can change the sorting order by clicking any of the column headers. A sort icon will show up on the column you selected to sort. You can toggle the sort order on a column by clicking the column header again.
The default view lists all actions performed over the last 30 days. You can change that by filtering the Date column. To filter a column you click on the filter icon in the column header. A column with an active filter will have a green filter icon.
If the list of audit trail actions is longer than a single page, you can navigate through the pages using the page controls at the bottom of the list.
You can control the number of entries in a single page by selecting to show 10, 20, 50 or 100 entries per page.
You can export the current list of audit trail actions to CSV format by clicking on the “Export CSV” button at the top right.